Wednesday, March 09, 2005

The term "Road Trip" has new meaning to me!

Hi all! Well of course its been more than a week since I logged on but at least I am here! We had a nice visit with my brother Jeff while he was here. They all came back from the trade show exhausted and glad it was over for another year. They said it took four of them, six hours to set up their booth, ugh! At least it only took two to take it down.

While Mike and Jeff were in Florida., I decided to take a trip to Pa to see my Mom and Dad, my sister Chris's family and my cousin, Tonya and her family. It was a great visit. So nice to reconnect with everyone. And other than the trip to the E.R. (I found out its nothing like the T.V. show E.R. (I didn't see one doctor run), A bout with a UTI (If you don't know what one is, call me, I can give you the excruciating details, our alarm company calling my cell at 3 am, and waiting for what seemed like an eternity to find out nothing was amiss, (thanks to the local Jackson police, and a special thanks to Linda and Paul (Mom in Law and her hubby) who went over the next day to "make sure"). And the last thing was the lovely eight inch snow storm we got while I was in PA. It truly was lovely, once I was safe and sound at my Dad's place.


Ben is ok. He fell off my Mom's basement steps from 4 steps up, onto the cement. It was quite scary at the time because he kept throwing up and I was sure he had a major concussion. But after the Dr. Checked him over and the CAT scan showed no swelling, we were cleared to take him home. It was an "interesting experience" to say the least!!! We didn't get to bed til 1am only because I just couldn't sleep. Ben was out by 10:30 thank goodness. Mom and I are so thankful that he was not higher up. Thank you Jesus for your continued protection! Did I mention that we all are so blessed beyond measure! It doesn't take much to see the little (and Big) blessings in life!

That night is when the security company called with a report of glass breakage in the baby's room. That sent chills up my spine! But after a lot of thought, the next day Linda, Paul and I figured that maybe an icicle fell against the window. At least I know our alarm works!

The next day is when I had my UTI and I figured it out while I was in the midst of helping with my cousin's triplets and her other two children! (While Mom and Ben spent some quality time together) A short while later I was there with only 2 of the three triplets (one of which slept the whole time), While Tonya, JC and the rest of the kids went to have lunch with her parents and sister. What a sweet little bunch they all are, though. I had a wonderful time, considering. Thank goodness my family doctor was open on Sunday and they called in a prescription for me. (This was one of those, thank you God for doctors, medicines, pharmacies, phones, cell phones, you name it, moments!!!)

Monday about noon, Ben and I drove to Dad's place south of Carlisle, Pa. It was nice to have a slow start to our morning. Mom took off of work that a.m. so she took Ben for a walk while I got showered and packed up. The 45 minute drive to Dad's was uneventful for a change! We got there just as the snow started to fall and the next day it was still snowing. It was great because I got to go sledding with Ben. The last time I went sledding was with Ben too, but he was in my belly! Ben wasn't real fond of the cold wind but did like the rides down the hill in Dad's pasture. Afterward, Ben and I went in for hot chocolate and a nap while Dad finished snow blowing his driveway (Ben slept 2 hours!). When Dad was done, we watched a movie called, "The Notebook". BOTH Dad and I were all teared up at the end...ok maybe you can describe me as definitely crying! It was a great movie and I highly recommend it!

The next morning Ben and I were off to NJ and we had a good trip back. Although, I can't say that I will try it again in the near future. I thought there would be nothing to it! But its times like that trip that makes you realize why God gives you a spouse. I surely missed Mike more than I can say! He is a wonderful companion to me and a good Daddy to Ben. I don't believe I have ever been more grateful for Mike, than I was when he walked back into our house after his trip! I was SO happy to see him!!!

No comments: