Thursday, August 11, 2005

Gardening IS one of my favorite past-times, right?


Wow! I'm TIRED! Two nights ago we met with the realtor and signed the papers to list our house. It was a dose of reality! We've got some things to do! Yesterday I had a surge of energy and sanded and painted the mailbox and park bench, trimmed all the bushes in the front yard, planted a few flowers, and got Ben's haircut. After Mike got home from work and unloaded the mulch and topsoil for me I planted some evergreens around our back deck. (meanwhile Mike was putting away and organizing the big stuff in the back yard) We were both filthy and stinky at the end of the day!
(Ps the picture is of Ben a year ago, my little gardening helper! )
And here I sit, filthy and stinky again! (Yes I did get a shower last night!) This morning Ben and I got out before it got too hot (but it didn't end up that way! It's steamy out there!) and I trimmed some of the bushes and trees in the back yard and mulched those evergreens. This afternoon the realtor comes to take some pictures and I want it to be DONE and now I finally am! I think the shower is screaming at me (especially because Ben is down for his nap)
By the way, if you've read some previous blogs, you'd see that we're still having trouble with Ben sleeping all night. He just gets up, we go in and put him back in his bed, and this might happen three to four times a night. Last night he slept all night till 5:45am. I think I could handle that on a daily basis! Its not that early considering that I milked cows for two years college and one summer worked at an Angus farm that I had to be at the farm by 6 am. ( I think I was a bit daft in the head ~wink~) Now if Ben could just guarantee me those hours of sleep every night...ha ha!

5 comments:

Jersey Girl said...

Hi Meg,
I remember "sprucing up the grounds" for the sale of our place. It felt like I was preparing for unwelcome company. I didn't enjoy it. I'm sure your attitude is better than mine! I enjoyed reading your posts - witty, informative and entertaining. I'll keep in touch.

J-Lynn said...

He looks so cute on that tractor! I have some pics like that from years ago.

Keep up the great work, your hard work will be rewarded soon!

Meg said...

Dawn, PLEASE give us some tips! any and all are welcome. Thanks!

Laney said...

Look at you with all of your comments!!!

Don't you love the blogging community, you will get such a wealth of information and support!

I'll talk to you later!

Meg said...

Laney, I know I LOVE these comments from these wonderful people! Thank you for the free advertising!