Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Things are speeding up around here!

Well, suddenly things have started to pick up around here. Mike and I sat down last week and had a serious conversation about how small our house will seem with another baby. I think I'm willing to deal with it, but Mike had a good point when he said how much harder it would be to move once the baby is born. What if we decide a month later that, oops, we need a lot more space! I won't be much help, especially those first few months of no sleep! SO we went to some open houses this weekend and talked to a few realtors and its possible that our house will be on the market by the end of the week!! WHOA! things are moving fast! We meet with our realtor tonight to sign the papers and etc. This is definitly a new experience for me. The closest I've come to this type of thing is a garage sale..."come on, you know you want that futon!!" I want to set up our camera in a closet or something to see what people say about our house. That way I can say, "oh yes that couple is really nice, I think they'll appreciate our house!" Of course it probably will come down to the green, you and I know that!
Its amazing how one minute you are thinking, Oh how nice, we have almost every weekend in August at home! (First time all summer!), and the next its, boy we don't have enough weekends in August to get the house ready to sell! It is an exciting time as well, so I know it will go quick. Mike leaves the beginning of September for his yearly trip to Europe for work. It would be nice to wrap it all up in a month! (Ha ha!) I know that if this is where God wants us then it will happen in His timing. I do trust in that! My thoughts are of my friend Elaine who has her house for sale, has 3 boys and they are looking at buying property in North Carolina. Makes me feel that our task is much much less daunting! Thanks for your inspiration Laney!

4 comments:

Laney said...

Hopefully the buzz is, "Maybe we should move to, say, I don't know, NORTH CAROLINA!!!" :-)

Laney, the official recruiter for everyone I know moving with me!!!

Meg said...

Ok Dawn! Thanks, I'll look you up.


Laney, I WISH!!!! I could go and hope Mike follows! Ha ha!

J-Lynn said...

Wow, seems like the market is great up there! I hope you sell and find something new really quick! Congrats!

Meg said...

Thanks Jess! I hope so too! We should be out in public and on paper as being on the market by Friday. We'll see what the weekend brings....