Thursday, August 25, 2005

Well, I had my blogger post page up for hours yesterday. I got interrupted and never got back to it! I did sit in front of the blank screen for about two minutes though, if that counts for anything!
Our big news is that we did sell our house! By the time the people saw it, and we got to the real estate office to accept the offer and sign on the dotted line, our house was sold in a little over a week! I was shocked! It wasn't the woman that I'd spoken of before, it's a young engaged couple that will be moving in! We're excited for them.
That's just the way Mike and I did it. We put in an offer on our house a few months before we got married and closed a month before the big day! It was SO EXCITING to drive up here after the wedding. I'll never forget that feeling of looking over at Mike, knowing that I wouldn't have to leave him again!!
When we were dating, Mike lived here in Jersey and I lived in Maryland. Every weekend we drove to see each other, especially when we were engaged. Some of the time I would bring my black lab, Dixie, on the Cape May, (NJ)-Lewes, (DE). Ferry and Mike would be waiting on the other side. That 45 minute boat ride was extra long on Fridays and the drive to the ferry was way too short on Sundays. Or at least it seemed that way!
Its hard to believe that our 5th wedding anniversary is coming up. It will be good to celebrate, even though Mike is flying out for his yearly business trip to Europe that day. It will be a sad and happy day too. I'm thinking maybe we'll just do dinner out. I imagine we'll have a lot on our plates with moving and such.

Yes, we did put in an offer on a house and it was accepted! So both contracts are in atty. review. With the speed that our house sold and the way we found the house we offered on, it only has to be from God. Only God can put that timing together the way that He does! Just a FEW examples...
We had already put in a bid for another house in a neighborhood that we just LOVED! 2 houses were for sale there. One was ok, the other was pretty nice, but had three bedrooms...not awful, of course...but we figured we could make it work and maybe put a room in the basement eventully. We were TRYING to make it work. EVERYTHING in the house seemed to be grey. The walls, the floor (Grey formica tile and grey carpet) except there were black appliances in the kitchen and etc. It was a nice house though and generally we liked it a lot. We figured we were being picky and unappreciative of the opportunity if we didn't at least make an offer.....So we did, and were supposed to find out Sunday night or Monday morning if they accepted it.

Saturday night, as I was trying to fall asleep, something just didn't feel right. I felt like we were settling....I know that when God is working he even cares about the little things, like me dreading having to paint all those walls with our little baby and Ben. And not having the extra bedroom we were hoping for. (I decided not to say anything to Mike just yet and didn't complain about the walls or floors, because all of that can be changed eventually) Oddly enough, on Sunday morning as we were driving to church, Mike said, "You know, I just have this feeling that we should keep looking. I know its sounds wierd because we do like that house, but I feel like we are settling."......Can you believe it? I had to laugh! It was amazing that we were both feeling the same way! So after church we drove back down to look at that house again and IN THAT SAME NEIGHBORHOOD, was an open house, for sale by owner..that had never been there before, even with all the times we'd been through there! So we went to look at it and it was PERFECT....down to not having to do a thing as far as decorating, painting etc. a two car garage, a basement, four bedrooms and my personal want....Washer and dryer on the 2nd floor! When I saw that, I knew.... We put in our offer with them right on the spot and they accepted.
There is so much more, but not enough time to type. I'm so relieved that we can move in, I can have the baby and not have to worry about the house. Just enjoy the holidays and and our new little girl! We'll see. I pray everything goes through as scheduled, especially with the baby!

4 comments:

Laney said...

A washer and dryer on the secong floor!!! When can I move in? Oh, wait , I'm not moving, you are! :-)

I am so happy for you guys.

Isn't is so cool how God arranges those things? He knows what we have need of before we ask, He doesn't want you to settle either.

I'm so happy for you!

Meg said...

You Are SO SO sweet Laney!! I was afraid to "sing songs to a heavy heart" Pvbs 25:20. Thank you so much for your comments. I love you dear friend!

Jersey Girl said...

Once again, another realization about how much God cares and is intimately involved in our lives. He gives us the BEST! I rejoice with you.

Meg said...

Thank you so much! Sometimes I wonder HOW He can care so much about the things that seem so "little" in our lives, when there are people out there with far greater problems. Thanks for the reminder....and thanks for reading my blog!